Thursday, October 13, 2005

My ex-world vs. My real world

I always used to be a kind of a loner. I liked playing alone . and reading was my biggest joy. you know . as a six year old I loved reading "Almughamiroun Alkhamsa" .
As I grew older I got bitten by the bug of reading . I hardly was seen without a book in my hand . later , Agatha Christy joined in my bookshelf. and music came along as well. I used to spend hours. .literally hours in my room alone with a book pressed against my nose, and my recorder playing tape after tape . some time after that I got myself a world of my own. A world where there are people I knew , people I wanted to know , and people I created… I lived with that little world most of my days , people lived , died , traveled , got sick and even got married.
I know. this might sound creepy to you but this is the way it was . I was so happy there . it’s true that I cried lots of times with my friends there but that's the way things go in life .
I entered college and I still had my little world in my head . suddenly everything changed.
Just one person has changed my solid world of almost 6 years . my visits there became shorter , fewer , less joyful cos I missed the one outside my head so much to leave it . that person has become everything I wanted. I didn’t need to go to my old mates anymore . and days went by , two days back I realized .. it just dawned to me that I left that world forever .. nearly five years has passed and not a single visit.. I left it and I didn’t even notice cos the real world I was in was just perfect , whether it was sweet or bitter , it was real . my conversations had real replies and not from inside my head , the people I touch are real and solid , my feelings were real and not made up to match the story , they were real . the laughter , the tears , the thanks and the pleas , it is all real and great and I have someone to thank for it .
To the one who made my world , gave my a life and made me feel human : without you I don't know where would I be, I can't thank you enough , but I will keep on trying…
Thank you …

3 Comments:

At 10/14/2005 2:58 PM, Blogger Sinan said...

I know what you're talking about, I loved that world too, when my family moved out of SA, I created this world myself, I used to read an average of 300 pages per days, same scenario, music, internet, bla... bla... bla and less humanian communication. In the beginning it was fun but now it's not, it causes me depression, I hate it... I only come out of my shell when I am in a society more opened. Ppl don't understand that, they think I am leaving SA cause I hate it or Saudies, which is crazy I love them but I am losing sanity I need to come back to my normal state quickly or I lose it for good.

 
At 10/16/2005 1:41 AM, Blogger GraY FoX said...

I'm sure that person is really lucky to get you out of that world.. and i'm sure that he is so proud of you that you are out now ..
and the other good things that i'm sure that people in that world have died since it has been five years since you went there to feed them :D ..
keep on it girl .... you are living in a good world that loves you :D

 
At 10/16/2005 12:29 PM, Blogger Sharks said...

Wow...where did that come from girl?!...to be honest when i first knew u...when we actually started talking...it kinda showed that u had a world of u'r own that some how don't apply to reality...now i can see that it was drama along with mystery with Metallica mixed with some pop as a background music ;)...now we all in a way or another have a world of our own...but no matter how good it was n' the ppl there are nice n' do what we told them to do EVENTUALLY...cus some times they can be hard-headed or evil ;D...but the real world is much better like u said at least it's real...lol...i bet what Gray fox said is true that they must be dead by now...but don't worry am sure they r somewhere nice ;D...n' i guess i owe it to that special person...

love ya girl!...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home