Wednesday, November 02, 2005

TagMania Two.. Sevens

I like the number 7..so here it goes..

Se7en things I want/like to do:

1. Stay for hours with my bestest friend
2. Have the late night talk with my sister
3. Walk under the rain
4. Sing
5. Try new food
6. Enjoy a cup of Nescafe on the seashore after the early morning walk
7. Go out with my friends

Se7en things I don't want/like to do:

1. Going on social visits to relatives..just like what will happen this Eid
2. Being asked my opinion by strangers about clothes I think are hideous
3. Listening to Majida Alroomy all day long from the nearby PC at work
4. Being left alone with my Grandma when she is angry
5. Tasting bad Cappuccino
6. Trying new jeans and seeing that it's a size too small
7. Mopping the floor

Se7en things I say most often (With Explanations):

1. Heehee.. in a cheerfull way. = how nice!
2. Khaileh = great
3. Ya Ilah = Oh my God = how weird
4. Ya halaly w ya maly = some traditional song = a crisis is on the way.or already happened
5. Kan fee arnab = Once upon a time there was a rabbit = something from my childhood that i keep saying out of 'ghalaza'
6. Shoo Mshan?! = what do you think ? or that was way out of order
7. Boohoo . with a yahoo sad face..

5 Comments:

At 11/02/2005 8:07 PM, Blogger Ghalia said...

I understand what u mean about grandmas:-/
Same applies to mopping tha floor:(

 
At 11/05/2005 4:45 AM, Blogger GraY FoX said...

inshallah soon you walk on a sea shore while it's raining with your bestest friends and carrying a mug of nescafe with some new food :D
while your grand ma is mopping the floor at her house :D

 
At 11/06/2005 3:28 PM, Blogger Sharks said...

A7la 'ghalaza' Walla!:D...i just LOVE ur song "Kan fee arnab"....
n' also Boohoo :(...i wish i could have late night talk with a sister like urs...

 
At 12/21/2005 2:53 PM, Blogger Hasan Bazerbashi said...

Hi ;),

Nice blogy :)

"Going on social visits to relatives..just like what will happen this Eid" :D ya I have that problem sometimes ....

 
At 1/02/2007 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi there,

i just came here from a search for ya halaly ya maly- i heard a song with thos e words and wanted to know what it meant!

i have two questions, i hope you dont mind!

1- you say khaileh in arabic to mean great. is that from an arabic word? is it related for the persian word for "a lot", "khayli"?

2- "ya halali ya mali" means "a crisis is on the way". what does it mean literally? (does it mean "my property my money/possession"? and if so, why does حلال mean property here? i thought 7lal was like, what is permitted). and why does that literal meaning become "a crisis"??

i hope you dont mind the questions.. the first is cause i really like arabic and like learning about the 3mmia forms of arabic, and the second is cause i REALLY liked the song i heard (mithammin by mustafa al khateeb), and want to know what the refrain means.

if you ahve a moment to answer thse questions id be very very grateful-- and if not, i understand, its okay and thanks anyway!

best,'

lisa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home